Apotheosis

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 23:23:18 +0100

Simon says:
>Better than that: Yearly chance of apothosis = F(No. of Initiates, Hero's
>POW) where F is any function you like. The test of any such function is:
>does it allow for someone to get lucky and roll a 01 the first chance he
>gets to become apotheosised? If so, the formula has failed. Sorry.
>
>Apotheosis has to be achieved through deeds, not via a random happening.

No, sorry. You misunderstand. Apotheosis (in the sense that I'm using it here) is A Bad Thing.

The returning hero has done his Great Deed and returned to the Mundane World and started to spread his New Word among the Faithful....

And then the pressure that builds up from all those people treating him as a God forces him from the Mundane World forever and he can do no more Great Deeds and must look on as an Immortal only to be called back to the world by his Priests and Initiates and then only for a little while.

Apotheosis means becoming an NPC Deity.