Trolls and Pavis

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 07:30:43 -0400

Dan McCluskey writes:

> Never trust a hungry troll.

That's pretty much the same as "never trust a troll", no?

Paul Harmaty is also persuasive: even humans who *can* trust and deal with trolls, still fear them. Good stuff.

Dave Bailey writes:

> Presumably the upshot of all this is that Pavis will have
> an Association with one or more Lunar Gods (getting all the
> swapped spells etc) and be ranked among the pantheon?

It's likely priests of Pavis will be able to cross over as =

associate priests of Lunar deities, perhaps getting into the Red Goddess cult without requiring illumination. I strongly doubt that all the citizens of Pavis would overnight receive access to zillions of Lunar associate spells, at least not without sacrificing to Pavis and the Goddess jointly. Perhaps one spell as dowry, rather than an overwhelming mass of them. A Lune (to complement the Shade, Undine, Gnome, Salamander and Sylph already owned by the Pavis Temple) might be appropriate.

Like I say, Pavis is a poxy backwater from the Empire's POV. Sure, he'll be "ranked among the Lunar pantheon" -- but do you care to guess just how highly he's ranked? An equal to Alkor, Raiba and Yuthu? Don't make me laugh! He'll be down there with the Carrot God, and don't you forget it!

Michael Cule:

> You don't see [Pavis] going walkabout in the Market now,
> do you?

Only on Holy Day rituals, when his Daughters summon him out. And on his Wedding Day, when one of his priests embodied him. Et cetera. You see Pavis about as often as you see Orlanth, if you're in the right place (the temple) and are initiated.

::::
Nick
::::