EWF are Orlanthi

From: Richard, Jeff <Jeff.Richard_at_metrokc.gov>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 16:09:30 -0700

The recent duck-debate has caused a bit of cunning Orlanthi Third Age propaganda to resurface. Without taking an opinion on the origin of the durulz (although I have talked to David Dunham about the G-Con V theory and I do find it persuasive), I cannot allow this to pass in good conscious:

> the EWF if I remember correctly was a Yelmite culture if not Yelm
>worshipers, so once freed they would not be in a hurry to go back to
the >ways of a dimly remembered culture similar to their tourturers, diluted by >whatever the constructs added.

I hate to say this but the EWF was largely a Heortling Orlanthi creation - - and not a Dara Happan cultural creation at all! The Third Age Heortlings refuse to acknowledge their old cult of Orlanth Dragonfriend (sometimes called Orlanth the Dragon) - just as they try to blame Nysalor on the Dara Happans.

The EWF is also known as the Third Council - yet another indication of the problems those Heortlings cause when they relax their local bickering and unify to some extent.

Jeff