RE: The Glorantha Digest V5 #108

From: Clark, Daren <DCLARK_at_cldx.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 13:41:28 +0100

Stephen Martin wrote

>My wife once told me that when she was living with three other women, all
>of their menstrual cycles were different at first, but synchronized
>within a few months, so this does seem to have some basis in fact. Anyone
>got a scientific (physical or psychological) answer as to why?

There have been several studies that have shown this to be the case. What is more the women tend to synchronize with the "dominant" female. I am not sure if the process has been proven, but in one popular theory I heard, pheromones were implicated.

Daren Clark

Rickmansworth, UK
e-mail DarenClark_at_aol.com