Re: Herd Men

From: Dave Bailey <db_at_uk.hboc.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 07:37:29 +0000

As I said in a previous post, IMG herd-men are not the same as fixed-INT humans, they are the result of much more potent (but clearly related) = magics
wrought by Waha in the Godtime. Thus I have no problem in giving = herd-men
multiple stomachs like a colobus monkey. Not that I expect this is ever likely to be relevant in game!

I agree about Herd men not being the same but for apparently different = reasons. The herd men have surly been through the Morokanthi breeding = program since the compromise. The question for me here is "What traits = have the Morokanths highlighted"?

  1. Flavour - often the proportion of fat in the tissues, are they eaten = raw?
  2. Fertility - large breasts for milk and a sturdy pelvis.
  3. Intelligence - ?
  4. Hairiness - including colour.
  5. Size - faster growth rate and greater potential. One beast is easier = to guard than many although it doesn't seem to have been an advantage = for the Rhino tribe. The males are more unruly so size in them may be = bread out?
  6. Diet - they need to be able to feed them any old matter and still = survive.

That leaves us with a herd of docile big hairy females with large = breasts being serviced by small males.=20

Dave.