red & green kings

From: Smith Harald C <smith.hc_at_mellon.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 12:18:00 -0400

Pam Carlson (carlsonp_at_wolfenet.com) Wed, 20 Aug 1997
>Actually, I think Harald Smith came up with the
red/green-destruction/fertility bit. Dennis Hoover pushed for the two kings part. We did spend several e-mails discussing titles, ("Grand Pooh-Bah" was even tossed about!), but "king" finally popped out because there's not a
much more accurate term in English.
Dennis Hoover (dhoover_at_home.com) Sun, 24 Aug 1997
>First, the roles of the two [three] kings are so different, that we
either had to have a fairly
generic term, like king, with the emphasis on Red or Green [or Black], or we had to have different terms for the kings. ... Other terms for ruler (like tyrant) have more specific connotations that are wrong for Alkoth.

Yes, I do admit to coming up with these titles. As Pam points out it was about the most accurate term we could come up with from English. As Dennis notes, a term such as tyrant was not the right connotation (especially for the Green King). At the time I believe I postulated some DH term (with the Red King as Shar-something and the Green King as Alk-something), but king was easier to use.

Harald
[for all correspondence please write to: MarandHar_at_aol.com]