Healer Action / DragonNewts & the IK

From: Peter Linton Tracy <937058_at_bud.cc.swin.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 15:18:47 +1000 (EST)

*Healer Action*

Jane Williams:
> what is there left for a healer to do for them? (...)

Mafalda e Sirgio Mascarenhas
> A possibility is to turn the healer into the center of the action.

Yeh! Healers are non-violent, but not versus chaos. Sent your scapel & staff toting healer after the rumours of Malia worship, don't let them be passi(ve)(fist), there *FANATIC*HATERS* of Malia. Have the Chalana Inquistion hunt down and destroy Malia worshiping towns. (No-one ever suspects the Chalana-Inquistion! ;-) There can be NO forgiveness! (A nice idea for an 'Eville' Healer NPC, I guess. Or even a long HeroQuest to gain power(s).)

Also, make your Healers tough, like Snowy the CA Rhino in 'Seven Brides for Seven Llamas', no-one messes with a full-grown Rhino. Or give them brothers, like Melisandes Mik, Mak & Mort.

Healers would have all sorts of anti-chaos functions. Cleansing the village in Guatama's vision of evil taints, spiritual guidance, questing. People should realise they are invauable. What do the PC's do when their Healer is KIDNAPPED, by BIG, Maul-weilding Uzko! Eeek! And what with Johno catching that nasty rash and all.

*DragonNewts and the IK*

Stephen writes:
> Perhaps there is no Inhuman King [on Teleos] because none of
> the [local dragonewts] has made it that far yet?

Or perhaps chose not to take that form, which I understand was voluntary on the IK's part to stay a DN, rather than becoem a Dragon.

Nick Brooke:
> Still leaves unanswered the question of how the local dragonewts are
> reborn without an Inhuman King. I had always understood the IK was
> necessary to dragonewts' rebirth, in Dragon Pass at least.

I never understood it that way. They DN egg/rebirth is a seperate issue to the IK. Maybe it is a Dragon, not the IK that is neccisary for rebirth, and as Joerg suggested;

> The entire island _is_ the Inhuman King of Teleos

Ouch! Shhh... Don't wake it up!

Also, as a side issue, are DN ancestral eggs only for individuals, or do whle 'families' of DN's use the same egg. I never thought this clear. It would make an interesting factor to have 'yolk-mates' in DN society. Also, a damaged egg would result in a whole lot of Dinosaurs appearing suddenly, or maybe a DN 'changing' familes to avoid rebirth in a damaged egg. Maybe this is a big DN secret.

*Dinosaurs and Aging*

Do dinosaurs age? I imagine first generation Dinosuars don't. Bring on Onslaught vs the 1345% Gore attack Triceratops Magisaur! ;-)

Pete

P.S. Just had an idea for a syndicated DragonNewt Cop show - 'DragNewt' ;-)

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #154