Glorantha Healing

From: Ross Stites <rstites_at_ece.umn.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 14:22:11 -0500 (CDT)

[Luc Lavergne suggests allowing only 1 heal spell to be cast on a given wound per day]

In my games, I have a slightly different way of handling it. Only the most powerful spirit magic heal is effective. So if someone casts their heal 2 on a 5 point wound, then their friendly CA casts a 5 point heal to completely heal the wound. This also means that even if you reattach a limb with a heal 6, it will still be quite aways from fully healing. Anything beyond the most powerfull heal spell requires natural healing to complete.

The effect of this on my game has been pretty dramatic. Generally one player will try to come up with a very good heal spell (4-6 point range), and the other people are willing to sacrifice quite a lot to protect that one character. This also means that the 'healer' has given up space for some other significant spells. The heal spell still allows the characters to survive a lot of tight spaces, but at least one or two characters will be down for a week or two after any major battle.

Of course, divine healing spells have their full effect still and aren't subject to the above restrictions.

Ross

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #166