RE: final rape comments & pent wagons

From: Sandy Petersen <SPetersen_at_ensemblestudios.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 12:22:14 -0500

        Steven Barnes

>We all know rape is bad. But I fail to see why it will taint
you with chaos, whereas murder, tortue, mutilation >and genocide will not. The only Broo = Rape connection comes from Orlanthi myth.

  1. Rape doesn't taint you with chaos because Rape is bad, it taints you with chaos because it is connected with broos. Bad is not the same as Chaotic.
  2. Every single culture in the world that knows about broos knows that broos are connected with rape. The orlanthi myth may well be the result of the broo/rape connection, not the other way round. You are looking at things backwards.
	Jane Williams

>Do Pentans have to negotiate with elves to get the wood for
their wagons? No. There is a taiga up north, and plenty of pine trees abound. ------------------------------

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #171