Shrew-broos??

From: Bernuetz, Oliver: WPG <Bernuetz.Oliver_at_cbsc.ic.gc.ca>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 10:54:08 -0500

Sergio suggests:

>Hummmm.... One of the strange things about such an unruly type as broos is:

>Why should they respect a certain size measure? Why, how why, can't we find

>a broo as small as a mice or as large as an elefant? IMO, if broos can
>apear in all shapes and maners they should exist in all sizes also. Think
>about it:

Hmmm. Why not indeed. There are dinosaur broos in Dorastor. There probably isn't any reason why broos can't be all sizes. I would think they'd
be rarer for a number of reasons.

  1. The broos would have to have been breeding with progressively small animals for quite a while for them to be able to "breed" with animals as small as mice. (I'll resist any crude analogies here). Below a certain size they

might lose their intelligence. Larger broos would certainly pick on the smaller
ones and they might only exist in colonies of their own. I have visions of farmers setting elaborate traps for broo-rats.

2) Large animals are pretty dangerous. If a broo got amorous with an elephant all it would have to do is to sit down and - splat - the romance is
out of the relationship. Won't say it can't happen but it wouldn't happen very often.

Oliver D. Bernuetz
bernuetz.oliver_at_cbsc.ic.gc.ca
www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/realm/5545

P.S. Thanks to Nick and Peter for the info.

P.S.S. I liked Allen Wallace's essay as well.