Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #251

From: Jason Bennett <JBBennett_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 13:07:27 -0500

Eric wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Since it's been a week since I posted this question, and no replies have
> shown up, I thought I'd give it one more try.
>
> In the MoLaD/Pharaoh discussion some weeks ago, there were several
> references to the tournaments and rituals the Pharaoh has to go through
> while on the Heroplane. Are these described somewhere? Does anyone know
> anything more about them?

I posted this comment a few weeks ago, but I'll do it again. All I know about them is something I heard from Greg (at least I believe it was Greg, it was a few years ago at the RQ Con in Baltimore). Anyway, he said that during one of these Heroplane rituals, the Pharoh was captured and spiritually dismembered by Jar-eel the Razoress and her assistants. This indicated to me, that the ritual takes place in the same location on the hero plane each time. Otherwise, how would Jar-eel be ready for the Pharoh.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

Jason