Re: MPs; headlines

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 23:24:39 -0800

Nikk Effingham mentioned

> >I thought it was your MPs before casting the spell that were used,
> >hence spells reflected at you often have >50% chance of overcoming
> >you, as you match your MPs before against your MPs after!

> I always thought it was MP's after the spell. Anyone care to clarify?

I always assumed MP before, since otherwise spells would be less likely to work, and because it lets you overcome someone with your last MPs.

And the fact that the rules say this is how it works helps. (RQ3 Magic Book, p.9)

Loren Miller wrote

> I've put up a small page of Gloranthan headlines

My favorite was the one I saw at Glorantha-Con I, while eating breakfast at the hotel. The local paper had, on page one, the following headline: "Giant Raid Closes the Block."