Yanafal Tarnils

From: peter metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 20:03:04 +1300 (NZDT)

Richard Ohlson:

>One last thing I'd like to say: I still find it very difficult to imagine
>anybody ditching a cult they have been in since 15, and replacing it with a
>similar one.

Why not? Many Malkioni when they convert between sects do exactly this. Don't think a Humakti joining Yanafal Tarnils as joining a seperate but similar cult. Think of him as accepting the Light of the Red Moon in his life.

>I can understand joining a second cult, especially if it was something
along >the lines of an Orlanthi joining Humkat to avenge a murder, but for people >sworn to a cult like Humakt to Yanafal Tarnils, which is worshiping a Sword >that (effectivly) betrayed the Orlanthi god of Honor.

Humakt is *not* the God of Honor. He is the God of Death, first and foremost. Secondly Yanafal did not 'betray' Humakt, he defeated him thus proving his moral superiority. After all everybody knows Benedict Arnold is a traitor, but who remembers George Washington as one?