Ulgh Tummy hurt :-P

From: Daniel McCluskey (Volt Computer) <"Daniel>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 09:48:49 -0800

in d278, James summed up the results of Trolls "accidentally" eating iron quite well, leaving only one small area where I feel the need to comment...

        Proper trolls should have some sort of spirit cult that helps them (b)eat
this nasty Mostali trick.

I think this need would be covered by the Argan Argar cult. AA's "Cure Iron Burn" spell would almost certainly do the trick... (I'm not positive it would as written, but it ought to ;-) Also mythically it makes sence for the god of dealing with outsiders to protect from such mishaps... I wouldn't be suprised to find out that most AA priests keep a bottle of "Iron Ointment" (which is of course a disturbing pink color) right next to the sunscreen. Just the sort of "vital commodity" that a proper merchant will want to have ready when the need arises...

Ulgh average ZZi: "Ulgh Tummy HURT! stoopd hoomen not peeled right..." Johnny, AA Pharmacist: "Well, I DO have the cure for that... but it IS my last bottle... and I just don't know when I might be able to replace it..." shakes his head mournfully. "It'll cost you a pretty Bolg" Ulgh: "Anything! Anything! oh! the pain!" - -.. later that day...
Olkureen, average Mother: "Hey, Johnny! I think one of those LadyFingers you sol' me had a bad ring on it... you better gimme a bottle of that Pepto-whatever afore I sends my boy Errch around to has a word widcha!" Johnny: "Well, I DO have the cure for that... but it IS my last bottle... and I just don't know when I might be able to replace it..." Pulls another Pink bottle from the case behind the counter...

danm