Glorantha sans the RPG

From: Klyfix <Klyfix_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 17:17:16 EST

Stephen Martin observed....

> People who think a
> Gloranthan RPG, RQ or otherwise, is first and foremost iin Glorantha, are
> cheating themselves, IMO.

    I would make the observation that without RQ or the wargames, almost no one on this list or elsewhere would have ever heard about or cared a lick about Glorantha, unless of course in that alternate reality Greg Stafford had written a novel or stories that were published without having the games to pave the way. While there's some good Gloranthan fiction being written (including some of the stories in the Digest) there has not been anything that really is as interesting or inspiring as those old RQ game books and no novel that would have popularized the world without the game connection.

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham... "I want to spend my Christmas with a Dalak..."