list archives

From: Loren Miller <loren_at_wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 18:57:10 +0000

Hi Everyone,

There has been some talk on the list recently, while I was vacationing with the in-laws, of assembling bits and pieces of old Glorantha Digests into more complete and presentable form. For those of you whom are thinking about undertaking this sort of editorial work and ferreting out old gloranthan articles from the digest and cutting and snipping them together with your own writing I *highly* recommend that you download the old volumes while you may. Not only is it faster to do a search on your local hard drive than it is to search over the net on a computer that may be bogged down with any arbitrary set of applications, but there may be a matter of availability to deal with. Because of disk space shortages I may have to take past volumes offline at any time, and those of you whom were here when I closed volume 3 of the digest will remember how swiftly that can happen. So... stop by this URL

   http://rider.wharton.upenn.edu/~loren/Fabulous/glib.html#archives

And take as many of the zipped archives as you can. Spread them all around. Give them to your friends. Give them to your enemies. Give them to people with enough free time to read all of them. Etc, etc, etc. This way we will never lose access to all the materials, no matter what happens.

Again, I urge you to download whatever you can ASAP.

Loren Miller <loren_at_wharton.upenn.edu> A priest, a rabbi, a Penn student, and an elephant walk into a bar. The bartender says, "what is this, some kinda joke?"