Uleria & Humakti rebels

From: Thomas Gottschall <Bloodtooth_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 14:00:26 +0100

Hi everyone,

I would like to congratulate Panu for his great idea about Uleria being there to confess ones bad deeds. This feels so right to me that it must be true.

I enjoyed the recent debate on guerilla warfare among the Orlanthi of Sartar. The idea that Eurmali could be rebels is superb. Thanks Lee Insley (sorry if this is the wrong man !).

But how about Humakti rebels ? They do not really belong to their home clans if they life a very pious life. And we know that Humakti fanatics killed Temertain (and rightly so !). BTW, Richard, how about this Humakti being your players ? Wouldn't it be nice for your players to kill the Prince of Sartar ? Even if none of your players is a Humakti, who cares. The writer of CHDP wasn't there, was he ? I think the Humakti would be also regarded as outside the clan so the hostages problem (another masterpiece) wouldn't work. Final problem is Humakti honour. I say that they are not that honourary as widely thought. Oh, yes they led draw you your sword before the battle begins, but they certainly are no idiots. What I mean is that they will not strike the guards down from behind but with a mighty slash from one side or even facing them and sending their souls to Humakt. However they won't use any poison or partake in an ambush. I can see quite well the Humakti as an elite unit of warriors who kill important personalities or collaborators. Perhaps they kidnap them first and then fight them in a duel.

Comments ?

Email : Bloodtooth_at_gmx.net
Enchanted Forest : http://home.pages.de/~Enchanted.Forest/

And the Devil returned once more. But this time his name was... - -..Argrath !