RE: Maunderings

From: Sandy Petersen <SPetersen_at_ensemblestudios.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 13:02:58 -0600

Mark Mohrfield re: Gunda the Guilty
>Neat! Especially that "Stormbringer-in-reverse" effect the spear
has.Can we have any info on her background, though?

        Most of her adventures were in Fronela, but I can't say for sure that's where she was born. That is where she defeated the notorious Queen of the Kiss (source of many of her special curses & problems), and received the Ogre King's Doom. Basically, the Queen of the Kiss enslaved any entity which she could smooch. She managed to kiss Gunda, too, but Gunda broke the spell. Sort of.

        Gunda was with Harrek in Pamaltela, but I don't know if they met there, or if she followed him there (or vice versa). She doesn't love Harrek (she can't love anyone), but Harrek loves her with all the affection his twisted psyche can muster.

>Her Malkioni (or would that be Brithini?) style abilities and equipment
surprised me, I thought that she was
>from Ygg's Islands or some Orlanthi land.

        She is not Brithini, but has done a lot of stuff with Sog City working with & against the Brithini there. Her dad was definitely a Malkioni wizard. Her mom was called a "valkyrie" in Dragon Pass, but this may be a code-word for a female Malkioni knight of renown.

>>And naturally should you kill Gunda, you have an angry Harrek to deal
with. <<
 >That's one problem I doubt that too many PC's will ever have!

        Well, true enough. Note that one reason for Harrek's anger is that he _knows_ that Gunda, dead, is doomed to the darkest hells Glorantha has to offer.

>Runes: Darkness 50; Ocean 15; Earth 0; Sky 0; Storm 35; Lunar 0
> Man 70
> Change/Stasis 40/45; Harmony/Disorder 3/75; Life/Death 25/65
> Truth/Illusion 85/15

Tal Meta
>Yowza. I was following right along till I spotted this! This looks alot
like something I'd been thinking of trying to do, if it is >what I think it is (but it probably isn't). What is it, BTW?

        It's just what you think it is ;)