Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #408

From: Kevin Rose <vladt_at_interaccess.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 23:34:01 -0600 (CST)

Joerg said:

>I don't know how they managed to unify these very divergent creeds into
>the God Learner movement. I suppose the Sunstop may have affected this
>development. However, I am fairly sure that the Jrusteli did not really
>notice the Gbaji wars. They seem to have been caught up in developments
>of their own instead...

My understanding was that the "God Learner" movement grew out of the studies of the material looted from the Arkat cult after the Silver Alliance plundered the central temple of the Arkat cult. The period that the God Learners started up was also the same period that the Jrusteli commercial empire really got rolling. Is this sequence wrong?

>(But then, how much impact did the Napoleonic wars have on the
>development of the USA?)

The Louisiana purchase comes to mind, which had a fairly drastic effect on the development of the US.

Kevin