answers to questions

From: Sandy Petersen <SPetersen_at_ensemblestudios.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 14:34:18 -0600

Richard Develyn
1) There's this androgynous thing wondering around the place. Does that exist in The Glorantha.

        Yes. Androgeus is a real creature. She has existed since the Godtime and wanders about Glorantha. In a private conversation with Greg, he said that in his opinion Androgeus only wandered through Dragon Pass once during the Hero Wars (there is a 3-player scenario in which Androgeus takes part). Most of Androgeus's important activities take place in Fronela, which doesn't mean that's where he originated. It's possible that she was trapped by the Ban, and only escaped recently when it was lifted. Thus the world got to have a few centuries free from this particular superhero.

2) There's mention, I can't quite remember where, of a Valkyrie. I think it's the mother of one of the heroes. Is that in Glorantha now?

        Gunda the Guilty is the daughter of a Valkyrie. Of course Valkyries are in Glorantha -- they're just female warrior angels, typically of a storm cult. I don't believe Orlanth has valkyries, but I bet Ygg does, and probably Valind, too (though his are doubtless malign).

3) It says that the Lunars were basically unlucky when they chose to build their Reaching Moon temple on top of the Brown Dragon. Was that really all it was - bad luck?

        Freud says there are no accidents.

4) Where's the Golden Fleece?

        Kralorela.