Sky Dome

From: were.ralph <were.ralph_at_virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 19:24:57 -0800

Nick 'The Man' Brooke said:

>Well, since everyone else is multiplying the size of the Sky
>Dome to wholly unnecessary dimensions, I'll now happily embrace
>Alex's error and reduce it from 50 miles to 50 kilometres. :-)

>(I'm prepared to shrink it further, if this would annoy anyone).

YES!!!!!
I like this 'flying in the face of adversity'. Let's face it, the only place that the size of the sky dome matters is in MY game! If I want, the sky 'dome' flattens out, so that it's only 25km high! Does this annoy anyone, coz it's just too bad. You have your umpteen thousand mile high sky dome, but as Gary Switzer pointed out, Yelm would have to be in a rocket rather than a chariot!

To be honest, though, my players are extremely unlikely to get a chance to reach the sky dome, So it could be 2km or 2 million km.

What I think I'm trying to say is, it would be nice to know it's size, but it doesn't really matter in most games. It's what you do with it that counts!

Regards to all
Ralph Plowman

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #493