Re: Female Knights

From: TTrotsky <TTrotsky_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 06:31:33 EST

Michael Cule:

<< Trotsky tells us that the Hrestoli allow female knights. Ummm.

 Do they?

 I got the impression that that particular bit of heresy hadn't even occurred to
 them (until the recent events of the Malkioni Council related in How The West  Was One). Ummm. Source please.>>

     It says in the TotRM write-up in issue #13, "a woman can acheive higher social class _through_her_own_merit_ or through marriage" (my emphasis). While the one-in-four figure is more dictated by MGF than logic or source information, I read that sentence as indicating that a woman can, indeed become a knight, since that's an essential pre-requisite in Hrestoli Idealist society to attaining any higher social class at all.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky