The stuff of Stars, once more.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 17:51:57 +0100 (BST)

TTTTrotsky says of the Sky Dome size:
> Note that 'effectively infinite' just means larger than you can measure.
> As I pointed out before, that's only around 30,000 km diameter.

I'm confident that the Dara Happan Star Seers could measure parallax considerably greater than this without any Mystical or Magical means. It's not inconceivable that until the Lunar age, they didn't bother to try, though...

> And if the light bends such that we view the sky as if through a great
> lens, it could be a good deal less.

There is that, though it's an even more unpulchritudinous theory than the standard Bendy Light one.

Michael Cule gets Yelmocentric:
> But myself, I think from Yelm's point of view he's sitting still on his
> throne and the world is turning prettily below him.

> (How's that for relativism?)

Or neo-Post-Copernicanism? ;-) Trouble is, how would Yelm perceive the movement of the _Stars_? Their movement is on a completely different axis from His.

Slainte,
Alex.