White Moon Blues

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 23:07:56 +1200 (NZST)

Chris Bell:

>Does the White Moon cult actually have any true magic or power?

Probably but I think it provides spiritual assurance rather than nullify oppression.

>I'd suspect that if
>there weren't kind of mythic back-up or some power/legitimacy to the
>Cult, that the Lunar inquisitors would have checked the White Moonies
>into a Danfive Xaron penitent legion for treasonous apostacy.

Easier said than done. The Romans never managed to get rid of the christians no matter how many Lions they fed.

>I can see some highly placed
>Teelo Norri and Deezola cultists giving the White Moon types some
>cover, regarding them as a cosmological necessity, even if not totally
>agreeing with them?

The cults of Deezola and Teelo Norri are _weak_. They've very little influence in the Empire and are easily cowed into submission by more powerful cliques.