KoS + Telmori question

From: Thomas Gottschall <Bloodtooth_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 10:47:48 +0200

Hi everyone,

Nikk Effingham :

> Off hand I can't remember how he [the Red Emperor] dies in KoS.

The Red Emperor is given a fatal wound by Harshalter the Terrible at the Battle of Boldhome (p.142 KoS). But I remember to read somewhere that this was just a proxy and not the real one. I blame Nick Brooke for this Lunar propaganda.

Eric D. Hansen :

> There are certainly other sources of rain, in a mythic sense, but what
> want to know is how important the myth of Skyriver Titan is to the
water
> resources of Dragon Pass, and what other myths there are about how the

> region gets its rainfall. From Heler, the rainmaker, I guess, but
what
> myths surround this god? Are there any anti-drought heroquests the
> Orlanthi, or other peoples of the area use? What are they?

There is the myth of Orlanth and Aroka in KoS (p.69). This should be also a heroquest to fight Daga. Patrick Sandberg wrote "An Orlanthi Holyday" - a ceremony description of this myth. Look for it on the web.

Telmori question :

Can anybody explain why the Telmori, normally extremely loyal to the Kings of Sartar, fight against Argrath instead of supporting him like their oaths would demand ? It's still a mistery for me.

Email : Bloodtooth_at_gmx.net
Enchanted Forest : http://home.pages.de/~Enchanted.Forest/

And the Devil returned once more. This time his name was... ...Argrath !