Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #529 & 530

From: Eric D. Hansen <ehansen_at_adan.kingston.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 13:42:36 -0400

<HTML>

Thomas Gottschall:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>There is the myth of Orlanth and Aroka in KoS (p.69).
This should be
<BR>also a heroquest to fight Daga. Patrick Sandberg wrote "An Orlanthi
<BR>Holyday" - a ceremony description of this myth. Look for it on the
web.</BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks, I'll look these up!

<P>TTrotsky:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE><FONT FACE="Times New Roman,Times">>IMO, its significant,
but not vital. I don't think many regions beyond<BR> >Far Point and Snakepipe Hollow would be seriously affected.</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE> &nbsp;James Frusetta:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>For Dragon Pass as a whole, I'd think that SrT isn't
that important,
<BR>except for the Dragon River.</BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, since The River is a significant water source for much of the Dragon Pass region, wouldn't that make any myths surrounding its formation be significant for the people of the region?&nbsp; Sure, there are other rivers in Dragon Pass, and it sure does rain a lot, even without Skyfall Lake, due to the Orlanthi and their bad weather. Britain ain't in it. ( I'm sure Heler ceremonies are way up, ever since the Lunar Occupation, if for no other reason than to make life miserable for the invaders.)&nbsp; However, if the sorce of The River were dried up, a lot more rain than usual would be required to maintain any sort of significant water level.&nbsp; Thus, Sartar becomes soggier than ever, due to all the rainmakers' hairpulling and jumping about.
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>Me:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>> how much of a chaos nest would a dried up Skyfall
Lake become,
<BR>> assuming there is a God-time city of chaos there?</BLOCKQUOTE>
James:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>I'd personally not think much of a big one; the minute
the water level
<BR>drops far enough, Cragspider looks down, drops the Pillar of Fire in,
<BR>pours in the Zorak Zorani and keeps the Black Dragon hanging around
while
<BR>whatever's left of the chaos critters is stunned by the drop in water
<BR>pressure.

<P>Then again, it could be Cthulhu's sunken summer home</BLOCKQUOTE>
Now ask yourself, which of these is more fun?&nbsp; And anyway, if I were Cragspider I'd probably look the other way if whatever slithered out picked up it's sunglasses and beach towel and headed south.

<P>Eric Hansen</HTML>