resurrection and spirit combat

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 02:32:36 +0300 (EDT)

Just a quick one... Isn't it fairly obvious that the bit about spirit combat with the soul of the deceased in the resurrection spell discription is just a game mechanical simplification. I think it just meant that the more powerful the soul the harder it is to pull it back through the veil. It doesn't really mean fighting the soul of the resurrectee in personal combat. That would imply that the dead desperately want to remain dead, wouldn't it? Many of the newly dead, and at least most of the resurrectees would actually be rather desperate to get back, I'd say. You don't try to resurrect somebody if there isn't a reason for her/him to want to return.   I sure hope somebody can still understand what I'm mumbling... NEED TO SLEEP need to slezazzzzzz

        -Adept

"thinker, dreamer and adventurer"

PS. No energy to spellcheck or read through... sorry.