[none]

From: joelsona_at_superman.cig.mot.com
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 07:25:32 -0500

Philip Hibbs:
"Illumination" and "Enlightenment" are effectively the same word, like an
"Allied Spirit" is often called a "Familiar". <snip> ... just that
Enlightenment (whatever that is) was also called Illumination."

     Actually, I don't agree. IMO, Illumination is about learning to to embrace/resolve paradoxes. Having done this, the totality of Creation becomes apparent. Enlightenment is about achieving 'Oneness' with all creation; having done so, one notices that seeming paradoxes aren't really self-contradicting.

     In essence, I am saying the Illumination starts at A, and B just naturally flows out of it. Enlightenment is the other way around; you start with B and A comes along for the ride.

     I have no particular proof of this, except that the Lunars use riddles and Riddlers to acheive their ends, and the Kralorelans use study & mediatation. Sounds like appoaching from the opposite sides to me.

          Andrew

The Muse struck me the other day, but I am recovering nicely...