Detect Truth

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 16:48:10 -0400

Trotsky said, in the course of a note on 'Mythic Stuff'

> but we know for example, that you can cast Detect Truth spells
on two contradictory history texts and have both register as being true.

Where does this come from? The only published spells I know of (such as the Humakti divine spell) work on spoken words at the time they are spoken.

It's common ground in all the games my group runs, that detect truth spells can only tell you whether the speaker -believes- what he is saying=

to be true. If any other interpretation doesn't risk blowing the entire power
balance of your campaign, you players aren't as ingenious as ours are.

Andrew