Re: HW & paradigm shift

From: Shannon Appel <appel_at_chaosium.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 11:08:54 -0700

>Throw a paradigm shift at me and I no longer understand how the game's
>going to tick, especially in the long run.

Every game has a paradigm shift from every other. The high-magic/heroic paradigm of AD&D is different from the high-magic/sheltered paradigm of Ars Magica is different from the low-magic/heroic paradigm of MERP is different from the mutation-as-magic/dark-and-gritty paradigm of Gamma World.

In that vein, Hero Wars is a different game from RuneQuest. It's one that will represent Glorantha better than RuneQuest ever did, however.

Shannon