Healing Magic

From: Brad Furst <esoteric_at_teleport.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 10:19:01 -0700 (PDT)

I am curious to explore, in advance, the ramifications of declaring that, in my game, Healing Magic must be accomplished by use of Ritual Magic spells. I believe that Greg sed that Glorantha(c) has far less immediate access to healing magic than is portrayed by RuneQuest(c) Battle/Spirit Magic. Wouldn't ritualization of healing magic be a step toward that direction?

The likely delay to start rituals (until after melee has ended) and the length of time required, as well as the need for a successful ritual skill should reasonably put some limits onto magical healing.

Am I forgetting some important myths or legends which require immediate access to healing magic?

Why weren't the proprietors of Gimpy's healed?

Brad Furst
esoteric_at_teleport.com