Greeks in Glorantha

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 98 20:35 MET DST

Peter Metcalfe on Greek parallels:

>If one wants Greek-like Islands (like Syracuse, Sybaris, Mytilene,
>Rhodes, Crete or Cyprus) with easy access to the sea, then perhaps
>the Rightarm Isles or the Manirian Coasts may be a better place.

I doubt the Rightarm Islands fisherfolk really qualify for anything but the most rural Greek Isles (Ithaka, for instance). For Greek style, I'd turn to God Forgot (logicians being sort of toga wearing philosophers in my book), or indeed to the Slontan remains.

The numerical bits about Malkionism always reminded me of the Pythagoreans.

Pre-urban Greece might well be represented by the Kethaelans (among other influences.