Divers matters

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_hol.fr>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 20:18:06 +0200

Peter Metcalfe:

> >BTW : a proposal : given that HW IS apparently going to have Mysticism
> >rules, shouldn't we make a distinction between Mysticism and mysticism
> >using upper and lower case?
>
> I fail to see the need for the distinction.

Gloranthan Mysticism (including rulesy stuff), vs. mysticism the RW concept, I mean.

> I disagree as the non-brithini Malkioni are also materialists.

OK. Have been convinced.

> Likewise the impression that the Brithini are dour humorless types
> because the world was broken in the Ice Age (not the Gods' War) is
> also misleading. The Brithini are that way because they fear Death.

I'd say that the Ice Age occurred as an event of the Gods' War.Death is part of the broken-ness of the World.
I really do get too abstract, sometimes ...

Alex Ferguson :

> > Notchet
>
> Wherefore the first 't'?

Anonymous Player : "We're going to that city. Does it have a name?" GS (gamemastering): "Not(ch/y)et."
Anonymous player : "Then we are going to Nochet!"

That's how the story goes. Therefore, a persistent 't'.

Jeff Richard:

> Since the Provincials aren't Lodrilli (because they have not been
> conquered by DH overlords), they must be "rebels" in the eyes of good DH
> aristocrats.

perfect sense.

> >Ernalda switching sexual attributes for whomever pleases her presently
>
> No, this isn't really the case.

> ... Oria

> ... Great Sister Esrola

> ... Ernalda ... is goddess of the spiritual earth

Thanks for this piece! The RQ3 version presents these goddesses as more or less interchangeable aspects of a single goddess, and I'm glad to have learned that this has changed to some degree.

> Just for good measure, the Orlanthi patroness of child birth is Kero Fin
> and Pela/Esra is the goddess of grain.

And isn't there an Eninta (from KoS) involved in childbirth too? Maybe she's the midwife ...

Julian Lord