Convulsions + Hero wars

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 23:58:27 +0100

Just ao add my Thanks to Lewis, the Committee, The Moonson'ers and everyone else that went towards making Convulsion such a great weekend.

HeroWars does indeed look like it will be a great step forwards, especially if the projected supplements come off. I particularly like the idea of publishing the 10-year campaign overview "up front" rather than springing suprises on GM's in subsequent adventures (It needn't stop you from deviating from the script, but at least you'll know you are doing so).

My only minor complaint is that playing Herowars is like playing Pendragon (at least the way I roll dice) - I keep making my roll, but not as well as my opponent, and thus end up "loosing" every round!

My other concern is that Greg & Robin said that the introductory scenario won't be included in the main rules - I think this is a big mistake, especially if HeroWars is supposed to pick up (brand) new players (by virtue of being sold through the book trade as well as the games trade). A Fairly straightforward scenario that takes you through the various aspects of the rules (unopposed simple action, opposed action, group actions, magic use, missile fire) is a great benefit to GM and Players in learning how the system actually works!

| Tim Ellis EMail tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk |
| What is the use of a book without pictures or conversations? |