Re: Things I learnt at Convulsion....

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 00:28:00 +0100 (BST)

Nick Davison observes:

> 1. We have been pronouncing Pavis and Issaries incorrectly for the
> last 15 years.

That's nothing. In successive Cons, I've found that I mispronounce _all_ of the following:

Chaosium (!), Pavis, Mastakos, Issaries, and Entekos.

Especially embarrassing was the fact that in the last case, I was on a panel with him at the time...

On the other hand, it's comforting that _no-one_ can say "Arfritha" correctly Under Con Conditions...

> 2. Not to drink the 'coffee' in the canteen after 9am.
>
> (The urns were apparently topped up with water but not coffee.
> As a result it was undrinkable and perhaps even unidentifiable)

"Waitress, this tea tastes lie diarrhoea!" "I'm sorry sir, I must have given you coffee by mistake."

> 4. Some people still use the word 'groovy' (two questions after
> Greg's storytelling)

Not guilty! (I hope -- else it was the Reduced Spitfire talking...) Please identify the guilty party(ies)...

Slainte,
Alex.