Re: Cut and bleeding, but triumphant.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 19:06:04 +0100 (BST)

Simon Hibbs:
> Suppose your character is beaten down to -10 SPs (or whatever) during a
> fight. She's wounded, but not out.

My understanding was that at 0 SP (or below) you _were_ out. Though not necessarily wounded... Unless you have a Berserk type ability that lets you ignore this, as I think a demo game NPC did.

To wound someone in the midst of a combat, short of winning it, it seems that what you do is to win 7 SP (or more) off them, and then decline it, so they keep their SPs, but take the "hurt" penalty. A typical rationale would be, I suppose, that you force your way through their guard, but rather than press for the killer blow, you settle for nicking them and backing off.

Slainte,
Alex.