Re: Silly .'s

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 05:56:17 +0100 (BST)

Richard Crawley observes of having your left leg unarmoured:
> No, it's just no _more_ silly than having your head unarmoured!

Now, that I'll grant you. (*doubletake*)

> By the way, what's more annoying - my mailer inserting =2E=2E=2Es
> whenever I try to use a full stop or my using exclamation marks
> to end sentences?

The former, by a clear neck. Your mailer is remarkably thorough in its idiocy, to give due credit; it managed to do this even on ellipses in _my_ message that you were quoting, so you can hardly be accused of feeding it funny fake periods due to a Microsoft-addled keyboard, or other such ailment.

As alternative solutions, I commend to you a sane mailer, and in the meantime, paragraph-long sentences with lots of semicolons; I do this all time, for no particular reason at all! -- case in point.

Slainte,
Alex.