Re: horse folk

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 12:57:28 -0800

Richard Crawley asked

> can anyone tell me briefly (or point me towards
> a source) about the relationships (if any) between the Grazer
> folk of Dragon Pass, the Pol Joni, The Pure Horse Tribe of Prax,
> and the Pentan nomads?

The Grazers are the reformed remnants of the Pure Horse Tribe of Prax, who were Pentan nomads (who moved to Prax at the request of the EWF). [I think this is all in River of Cradles.]

The Pol Joni are Orlanthi riders who live in Prax. They use some of the magic of the Pure Horse Tribe (e.g. the Black Net) and presumably some Praxian magic as well. They were formed in order to gain vengeance on Praxians. [King of Sartar is probably the best reference]

Brief enough?