Re: Cookery and the function of the Digest

From: Jon S Green <jonsg_at_harlequin.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 10:32:58 GMT

> From: Shannon Appel <appel_at_chaosium.com> in 6.228:
> Subject: Re: Cookery and the function of the Digest
>
> Don't fret; when the game actually comes out, a Hero Wars specific
> list will be created.

[Delurking out of overloaded frustration]

Please do it _now_.

Whilst I appreciate that you, Chaosium, who have a vested interest in HW, are now running this list, it's getting extremely tedious for some of us who don't have the playtest rules, and subscribed to this list to read about _Glorantha_ (remember that?), not status points, plot points and whatever else.

Let's give a for-instance. I scanned the last ten Digests, just for kicks during a long compilation, for content. There were thirty-five posts with a purely Gloranthan content, and _fifty_ about HW, with five that didn't categorise (cock-ups, apologies for cock-ups and the like).

HW is dominating this list. And the HW discussions are not about Glorantha, the subject of the list. They're about minimaxing, rules quibbles, neat-o tricks with keywords, what the GM can do about them, and so on.

Now, if that's the direction you want to take it, please rename this list the Hero Wars Digest and be done with it. Let's face it, it's the majority of the traffic at present. (It's also the reason why I've gone very quiet recently.)

Otherwise _please_ start a HW Playtest Digest, which can become the HW mail list at some future date.

I'll go back under my rock now.

Jon
- --
Work: jonsg_at_harlequin.co.uk | ICQ: 4500882 | http://www.harlequin.co.uk/ Private: jonsg_at_pobox.com | PGP key avail. | http://www.pobox.com/~jonsg/ Opinions expressed may not be Harlequin's! <*> Junk email utterly reviled

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #231