Projectile characters.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 16:42:54 +0100 (BST)

Brian Tickler tangentially Critiques a HW character:
> Another question this brings up: "knows secrets from chief's past" seems
> to me to be something I would never allow, as this skill "projects" a
> disadvantage onto another person. If this is allowed, why not "knows how
> to kill Crimson Bat with 3 rapid blinks"?

That's a truly appalling straw man -- if not an actual petroleum man ;-)

My personal take on this is that just as in, say, a Pendragon game, where I'm generally more than happy to let a player be the Authority on his or her own character's family, then in a HW-type setting, letting the players have plenty of input on their own clan seems a logical way to do. (Especially in the light of the clan generation system explicitly giving the players such a role, at least pre-play.)

Slainte,
Alex.