Minor matters

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 19:54:39 +1300 (NZDT)

Ralph Plowman:

>Can anybody please direct me to a list of Hsunchen tribes with their
>respective names (Rathori etc.) and their 'totemic' animal.

It's a bit scattered. The following names have appeared:

Basmoli         Lions           Ralios, Prax and Pamaltela.
Damali          Brown Deer      Ralios
Galanini        Horses          Ralios*
Jaskali         Dinosaurs       Slon
[Kvitti]        Elephants       Ralios
Pralori         Red Deer**      Maniria
Rathori         Bear            Fronela
Sofali          Turtle          Teshnos and Tortugax Isles.
Uncolings       Reindeer        Fronela

[] denotes extinct tribe.
*Alleged in western sources.
**Shaddup!!

Trotsky:

> I think the light from the Red Moon is similar in intensity to that from
>the RW moon. Lightfore and Shargash may well be brighter than Venus, and in
>the latter case may even be bright enough to have some limited effect on night
>vision, but on the whole the difference isn't that great. OTOH, the Moon never
>sets, so moonlight has an effect for more of the time.

The rule of the Thumb I generally use for determining wot a planet looks like is:

Uleria/Mastakos         Mercury
Moskalf                 Venus
Shargash/Tolat          Mars
Lokarnos/Wagon          Saturn

For the other gloranthan planets, I generally have to use certain stars...

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #271