Future Glorantha-Con Plans

From: David Cheng <cheng_at_io.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 20:45:29 -0600 (CST)

Rumours have been circulating about the plans for a future Glorantha-Con. Allow me to confirm that Dennis Hoover, DeWitt Davis & I are indeed conspiring to make a Glorantha-Con 1999/2000 happen.

FACTS
* It is definite that the con will be on the eastern side of the US. We
would like to go back to the Columbia Inn in Maryland (site of the first US RQCon). But, we're now also thinking about New Jersey. We definitely want to be close to a major metro airport so those of you flying in will have lower fares.

APPEAL FOR YOUR INPUT
We are debating timing, and the "theme", of the con.

There is a decent chance that _Hero Wars_ will not be out in time for this year's GenCon, as originally planned. Our original thought was to have Glorantha-Con be like a "game release party" for the Gloranthan Community (that's _us_, here; the people who read the Digest, subscribe to _Tales_, etc...).

We would like your opinion on the following question:

Would you prefer we wait to schedule the next Glorantha-Con until _Hero Wars_ release plans are more solid? We would then wait to hold the con until after the game is almost certain to be out.

        OR

Would you prefer we go ahead and set a date now, probably late 1999, and abandon the idea that the con also serve as a HW 'release party'? The emphasis of the con would then just be a 'Gathering of the Glorantha Faithful'.

TO REPLY
Please send an email to me, David Cheng, at cheng_at_global2000.net (Not the io.com address you see above, and  not to the Gloranthan Digest, please).

Please have the words SURVEY RESPONSE in the subject line of your message.

Please answer briefly:

	"Wait for Hero Wars"
		or
	"Don't wait for Hero Wars"	are good options.

Please DO NOT RESPOND if you do not have sincere plans (not ~desires~, but _plans_) to attend the con. Yes, you are a wonderful human being and your opinions count, but not this time.

Please do not expect an individualized reply or acknowledgment. I expect to get at least 200 responses.

Please also let us know if you'd like to volunteer. Offers of large sums of cash to underwrite all expenses are especially welcome.

Thanks for your interest and input. We'll keep you posted as things develop further.