Seasons

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 14:53:54 EST

Oliver Bernuetz:
<<
 Does this make sense? I certainly need to adjust seasonal length  but apart from that is it a start? >>

I don't see that it is necessary, or useful to try to compare specific weeks from the Theyalan Calendar with specific weeks from a RW Calendar. One would not compare week 7 in Mongolia with the same week in Ireland (for example) and say that they are both spring. Weather patterns vary on Earth (I don't get six months of snow per year; I get 2 weeks sun, which is called summer, then 8 months of rain called autumn and winter, then drizzle, called the rest of the year.). Details of Praxian weather have been published, Balazring weather (in Griffin Mountain), and a general summary somewhere. When thinking about Gloranthan weather there are always magical effects to think about (icebreakers against Valind, prayers for wind, prayers for sun, curses, blights, etc

Keith N