Re: Closing and swimming

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 09:06:57 +0100

Me:

>>Thus, if swimmers were affected by the Closing, they
>>would have been in big trouble.

Philip Hibbs:

>I just don't see it. Merfolk are sea creatures, so they are not affected,
>in fact they often take part in the Closing.

As I said, I think they are _not_ affected. However...

Peter:

> The Waertagi were sea creatures _also_ and yet they got screwed by
> the Closing.

Yep, I don't think being a sea creature necessarily helps. Also, I think the sea monsters which are drawn to ships without the Opening ceremony are _forced_ there by the power of the Closing. They have no interest in enforcing the Closing. Rather to the contrary, the Closing stopped shipping dead and thus deprived the sea dwellers of nice and crunchy food.

Joerg:

>Sramak's River or the seas of the Underworld seem to have remained
>unaffected by the Closing. The Sendereven don't seem to have noticed
>anything amiss.

Both these are outside the Inner World, into heroquestland,  so they probably follow other laws. As for the Sendereven, if they can sail on Sramak's River, maybe they had magic that could defy the Closing too?

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689/