Syphon River in Heortland

From: Gary R Switzer <gswitzer_at_loop.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 00:22:28 -0800

Fresh or salt? I think salt tends to be more MGF. This has to have been discussed on the Digest or asked at a Lore Auction.

    "When I heard that the first remove was to be 'mountain oysters' I muttered that I supposed they would be prepared in the usual Orlanthi fashion, braised and served with the eternal onion sauce. My Kitori host smiled and said that among his clan it was the custom to eat them raw and direct from the source. His mirth was great when, in place of the expected sweetbreads, I was served with a plate of fresh mollusks brought, he said, at the gallop from Backford on the Syphon River, still smelling of that briny steam, where they are raised in cages suspended from the great bridge. The troll guests ate theirs shell and all with great gusto. My apprentice found a pearl in one of his, but his joy (and his appetite) was quite dashed when, with much backslapping, he was told that this meant that he was to be accorded the honor of presenting it to their Queen and becoming one of her many lovers."

Gary R. Switzer
Aero Hobbies

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #445