Re: Praxian Tribes

From: Meirion Hopkins <meirionhopkins_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 09:19:32 PST

Me:
>There have been references to a marsupial tribe, hence equating lopers
>with kangaroos - they bounce after all!

Pete Metcalf:
The Marsupial Tribe was a ToTRM cartoon which showed the warrior in the pouch of the said Kangaroo. Furthermore to lope is to run with long easy strides which 'roos do not.

I remember that cartoon, but also remember reading about a marsupial tribe in a cultural exchange, Q&A transcript or similar. I thought loping involved a substantial amount of bounding - this, combined with the cartoon and reference, led to my (mis-)classification.

If the lopers are not this marsupial tribe then what are they? Does this marsupial tribe exist?
Given the existence of long-nose, plains elk and nose horns herds in The Wastes, has a physical description of them ever been published? I looked in my 'Bumper book of prehistoric mammals' and my suggested claw-footer is a colicothereium.

Meirion