re: Storm Bull as Psychiatry

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 16:30:28 +0100

Sergio :

>The point I was trying to make is that the SB does not exist because it's a
> form of integrative mechanism of socialy excluded elements.

I'm not sugesting that one day the tribal elders got together and siad "You know, wouldn't it be great if we had a socialy acceptable mechanism for directing the violent members of our society into a valuiable role. Why don't we call it the Storm Bull Cult?"

This wasn't planned and engineered any more than a tree plans and engineers it's leaves. That's just the way it is. Mythicaly, Storm Bull had a difficult time. He had strong violent and antisocial tendencies, he commited many crimes, but ultimately he redeemed himself and found a valid place for himself in the world. He teaches this way of life to his worshipers and this way has power because it expresses a fundamental truth. In Glorantha sometimes reckless violence is necessery to survival. This is why the cult exists, in my opinion.

Simon Hibbs