Tarsh Tribes

From: Adam Betteridge <abetteridge_at_gio.com.au>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 16:13:45 +1000

Joerg writes:

>One thing I am still puzzled about is the tribal organisation in Tarsh.
>We know that there existed at least the kernels for the three tribes of
>the Alone tribal federation (invited there by Terasarin after the fall
>of Bagnot 1582, ending the era of "free Tarsh" except around Wintertop).

>Around Wintertop, we know the Marantaros and Iristaros tribes from Tarsh
>War (had a session again last weekend, and enjoyed it...).

>On the other hand, in KoS the Hendarli or Hendart clan is instrumental
>in destroying Mularik Ironeye, and Fazzur is of the Orindori clan, but
>in either case no tribe is given. In Fazzur's bio (e.g. on the website)
>his father is said to have been a duke of Tarsh.

>This has made me assume that - not unlike Heortland - in Tarsh there are
>both smaller, Alakoring-type tribes (no city confederations in Sartar
>style, I think these are a specific Sartarite phenomenon neither found
>in Heortland) and one "national" tribe, including the Orindori and
>Hendarli clans which may be quite oversized, too.

This is something I would like to know as well, My current Lunar is a Tarshite soldier drafted to the Silver Shields in Pavis & would be interested in learning more about Tarsh itself. We have been using a similar idae to Joerg's for Tarsh but they are much more anti Sartarite than his it seems.

Over to our resident Non Bloody Orlanthi expert I believe.

Cheers Adam.