Perception Game Mechanic

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 12:29:47 EDT

In a message dated 5/6/99 9:06:34PM, you write: << Likewise, I'm known as having a "sharper eye" in the lab than some  people. It's not just visual acuity, it's also more years' experience  looking at blobs on a gel.

 I have a higher skill, and people seem to know it >>

I seem to be losing my argument here. My point is that the increased 'lab awareness' is more related to experience in labs than to a 'scan' skill, which is more clearly linked (IMO) with 'visual acuity'. I would like to be known as having a 'good eye' for textile production faults/problems but would not think that this skill would help me spot some detail in a street scene.

I think players should be aware of the general level of their skill, in most cases.

Keith N