Re: The Glorantha Digest V6 #622

From: NFranz197_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 11:19:12 EDT

On the Digest #622, Ian Thomson asked:

> This Issaries/Hero Wars stuff, is there something about to
> come out, or are we on hold for the next few months?

AFAIK, the common view after the Con on Burg Stahleck is that the introductory book (and probably the boxed set) is SCHEDULED for release in October/November 1999, not earlier than that. (That's with the emphasis on "scheduled"! They haven't given a definite date on their website, yet.) For myself here in Germany, I'd add in another two months or so for a realistic estimate. AFAIK, Issaries wants to be able to get at least the introductory book out in time for the Christmas buying-season this year. The game system is said to be complete now, and has probably been so for over a year by now. I guess what they're working on now is the lay-out, page-design, cover, etc. Even the format has long been determined by Greg. Issaries, Inc. are just fanatical about making sure they're putting out a basic game-system that's certain to be a hit with the fans, and attract numerous new players. Think about it, if the basic game flops this winter, all their grandiose plans for all those follow-up products (the Loskalmi book, the Orlanthi book, the Lunar book, etc.) are going to go down the toilet! This new introductory thingie just _has_ to be a winner, and it has to do a lot better than previous Chaosium RPGs like Elfquest or Elric! in order to establish the new company's credentials. So, in short: yeah, we're still on hold, sort of.

Norbert

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #623